You’ve read the entire internet and you’re up to speed on every broadcast.
Your motivational tank is dangerously low, and your current mood isn’t exactly fit for public consumption.
Basically, you’re bored to death with your ever-loving spirit.
So how do you turn things around and rev up those proverbial engines?
It may sound silly but reading quotes about boredom can do the trick.
It is a mindfulness activity with the power to center you in the moment and fill you with energy.
Essentially, it’s a way to break through boredom.
Ideas for using boredom quotes to end your apathy
There’s more to citing therapy than just reading. Here are a few more ideas.
Make a Template Picture: Found a quote you like? If so, why not make a piece of stencil art out of it? You can buy all the materials at a dollar store for less than $10 and spend the afternoon making a painting or poster of the quote to put up somewhere—or not. So try to write down the quotes you like by hand. Keep them in a journal so you can go back and read them. (Don’t forget to include the authors’ names.) Journal of the Quotes: Select a quote to journal about. Dissect it. What does it make sense? what makes it funny what makes it true Create a Video Essay: Are you an aspiring editor or content creator? Challenge yourself to create a video essay on boredom quotes. How would you go about it? Which format would you use? Even if you don’t have the equipment, draw it. Create a digital graphic and share it: people love quotes! Satisfy their cravings by creating graphics of your favorite quotes about boredom and sharing them on social media.
31 quotes about boredom that will revive you
Reading quotes about boredom is a great way to break the spell and break you out of a boredom slump. With that in mind, we’ve curated this list of boredom quotes.
1. “It’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
2. “Boredom is simply the lack of an interesting perspective.” – Brandon A.Trean
3. “No one gets bored trying to make something beautiful or discover something true.” – Wilhelm Inge
4. “Bored people expect. Wise people accept.” – Maxime Lagace
5. “Boredom is perhaps the biggest villain in the quest for self-improvement.” – James sure
6. “Boredom is a defense against sitting alone with our unaddressed thoughts.” – Naval Ravikant
7. “I can take defeat, pain, anger. But I can’t stand boredom.” – Paulo Coelho
8. “Boredom and insecurity may have brought you to the cave, but you don’t have to stay.” – Bryant-Davis theme
9. “Boredom is the inevitable consequence of a life devoted to pleasure.” – Kapil Gupta
10. “Boredom leads to either of these two things: more boredom or more creativity.” – Matthäus Kobach
11. “Boredom is a privilege. Instead of finding ways to entertain yourself, embrace boredom. Your mind is free at last.” – Preethi Kasireddy
12. “There is no observable difference between peace and boredom – only your mindset.” – Angela Jiang
13. “Life swings like a pendulum between pain and boredom.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
14. “Boring progress leads to extraordinary results.” – Shane Ward
15. “It’s fatal to know too much in the beginning. Boredom sets in with the traveler who knows his route as easily as with the novelist who is unsure of his plot.” – Paul Theroux
16. “Boredom is a disease whose cure is work; Joy is only a palliative.” – Pierre-Marc-Gaston de Lévis
17. “Everyone is boring to someone. That is unimportant. The thing to avoid is boring yourself.” – Edward FitzGerald “Gerald” Brenan
18. “You will find boredom where a good idea is wanting.” – Count Nightingale
19. “I dread the boredom that comes from not learning and not taking risks.” – Robert Lee Fulghum
More related articles
103 things to do when bored in a lecture
Why you need a personal growth plan and 9 steps to create one
11 firm but friendly tips for breaking up and pulling apart
20. “You don’t burn out if you drive too fast. You burn out because you’re going too slow and you’re bored.” – Cliff Burton
21. “Be bored and see where it takes you, for the dusty wilderness of fantasy is worth traversing if you wish to shape your soul.” – Nancy Gibbs
22. “Seize your chances, no matter how bad your health is; Nothing is worse for health than boredom.” – Mignon McLaughlin
23. “Boredom rests on nothingness meandering through existence; his dizziness, like that which arises when one looks down into an infinite abyss, is infinite.” – Soren Kierkegaard
24. “Boredom is nothing other than the experience of a paralysis of our productive forces.” – Erich Fromm
25. “The concept of boredom involves an inability to use present moments in a personally fulfilling way.” – Wayne Färber
26. “I think it’s important for kids to get bored once in a while — that’s how they learn to be creative.” — Kim Raver
27. “Boredom is the price you pay for not enjoying everything.” – Martin Rubin
28. “Boredom can be deadly on a small island.” – Christoph Moore
29. “Boredom comes from thinking this moment isn’t enough.” – James Pierce
30. “Boredom is an insult to life.” – Paulo Coelho
31. “It’s only when you want everything done for you that you get bored.” – William Franklin “Billy” Graham Jr.
A little bit of boredom has to come into everyone’s life – but we hope you get going again soon. Much luck!